Seiberling Gymnasium was completed in 1952 and bears the name of Frank Seiberling, an 1879 alumnus who became president of Goodyear Rubber Co. and founder of the Seiberling Rubber Co.
Sayger Court is named for the late Herman E. Sayger, a successful physical education director and coach at Heidelberg in the 1920s. He was responsible for bringing a complete program of intramural sports to the University. Sayger is often credited as one of the people who led the charge for the creation of the 3-point line in basketball. The court is used for volleyball, wrestling, basketball and major events such as commencement and Alumni Day.
Major renovations for the facility were completed between April and August of 2017. The floor-to-roof overhaul including a new hardwood floor, new bleachers, a new paint scheme, and protective curtains throughout the gym.